reef junkie. Chapter 1- back off the wagon

dsoz

Thanks all for the kind words.

update- I just got the 75g tank from Animal House for $100. It is still in my van as I type this. SugarBear is going to come help me take it out, and watch (read laugh and make fun of me) as I try to drill some holes in it for my drain and return. J&Jr was kind enough to loan me the right size hole saws for the bulkheads that I got from Joel at Waves. Hopefully the tank will be up and running by October. I have some wiring to do to get electricity to the spot that I want the tank to go in my basement, so it may take a little while.

Shreck the sea hare is MIA. I have not seen him for several days. I'm not saying that he is not hiding and doing just fine, but there is no trace of him, and the algae is not going away...

One of the heads of my new torch melted away over the last couple of days. There is still one healthy head, so maybe it will be ok, and start to grow from there.

I also traded in some xenia to the local pet store to get a fire fish (Flick), and an anemone crab (not named yet). I figure that if the clown will not host the anemone, then I will get a crab to do it.

Somewhere I read that domino damsels will host anemones. I also saw one do it when I went into the Coral Reef Pet Center in Salem. I am thinking of getting a domino to "teach" my clown how to host, then when everything gets moved to the larger tank I can catch it and take it back to the store.

dsoz

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic