Chiton Chuestion

Cuttlefish

I was just curious if anyone on here has had any experience with chitons in their reef tanks. I got one last week and it seems to be doing well. I have really bad eyesight so it's camoflauge works extra well. I did see it yesterday on my crocea though and I got a little worried but it wandered off. I think it was just cleaning the shell. Anyway, has anyone here had one long term?

Have you guys looked into what species they are? Do you guys like to do that anyway' date=' look up what species your inverts are...[/quote']

I haven't with the chitons, I think it would be overwhelming, "About 750 species of this primordial mollusc class are known today."

It seems that in this hobby its difficult to identify many of the critters beyond family and class or genus.

Yeah, I hear that. Often we can't even rely on what they are sold to us as. What I'm learning though is that even the experts have a tough time. Also I'm amazed at how little is really known about the habits of some of these inverts. In many cases I'll bet we know more about their behavior because we stare at them for hours.