Dead Fish

Kung Fu Spider Crab

I'm wondering what people do with the fish they can actually find that have died? My lawn mower decided to stick his head into on of my smaller pumps and I ended up having to flush him. This was more to put him out of his misery since I he was suffering, but I didn't know if there is a "proper" way of doing this. That's my first question. The other is would it have been morbid to put him out of his suffering, ( I think he was blinded too) and then use him to feed my RBTA?(nutty)

What do ya think?

Well if it was still alive, but injured to the point you do not think it would live, you could put it in a baggie and use a hammer or something to end it quick. I've read about people putting the fish in a baggie then in the freezer, or using clove oil. After its dead, i don't really see anything wrong with feeding it to your RBTA.

I don't see anything wrong with flushing the fish at all. I know I have done flushed (fish) :( a couple times in this hobby & i know it's just what's going to happen with hobby that's for sure, but for proper ways of get rid of fish(nutty) I have no clue DOH! Lol

If the fish was injured beyond saving. I would feed it to the anemone. It seems morbid but thats what they eat in the wild. The fish that die on me I just put in a bag and chuck in the trash. A waste water plant worker once explained to me that the fish people flush some how hinders the filtering process. I cant remember the exact reason. I beleive he still works there I will try and remember to ask him.

If the fish was injured beyond saving. I would feed it to the anemone. It seems morbid but thats what they eat in the wild. The fish that die on me I just put in a bag and chuck in the trash. A waste water plant worker once explained to me that the fish people flush some how hinders the filtering process. I cant remember the exact reason. I beleive he still works there I will try and remember to ask him.

I'll keep that in mind. I can't imagine that dead fish would be worse than dumping other meat scraps down the garbage disposer though.

flushing down the toilet is more humane than letting them suffer in the tank to die slow with all the bacteria and other life that will take advantage of them.

Heres a great reason those pumps don't work good as powerheads. They do make guards for those things. If you need one, i have them at the shop that you can have.

sorry about your loss.

Archived