Megaflow Model 4 Sump/Filteration

jabrbox

Here is internet pic of my sump, actually mine has 2 pipes going down in the back. (are these baffles?) I know nothing about it, where the pipes are only 1 was producing bubbles, now since adjusting the water output down neither of them are, and I am wondering if this is an issue?

sump.jpg

Here is internet pic of my sump, actually mine has 2 pipes going down in the back. (are these baffles?) I know nothing about it, where the pipes are only 1 was producing bubbles, now since adjusting the water output down neither of them are, and I am wondering if this is an issue?

sump.jpg

I have had this sump in the past, used it for FW. I would get rid of the Balls and fill it with RR. As for bubbles it doesn't matter.

RR = rock rubble, i think. People will use LRR too or just rubble. Just means bits of live rock. It gives much better biological filtration than those plastic balls. If you dont have excess LR laying around then conisder picking up some off the classifieds or most LFS will give you a reduced price if you pick out the broken bits from their LR tanks.

Here is just an idea of how you can set it up for saltwater and the difference. First two pictures are the next generation of the Megaflow 4 but pretty much the same thing.

Saltwater

DSC02513.jpg

DSC08089.jpg

freshwater setup

DSC01329-1.jpg

Archived