Clown question

jabrbox

I have a false perc in my tank and am wanting to add some more clowns, I have seen all kinds of answers on this so i thought I would ask you all.

A - can I add a mated pair of true percs to the tank?

B- can I add another false perc that is a different color ie; black?

C- should I just leave him alone because he seems content?(scratch)

I am no clown expert. I would just get another false perc(smaller or larger). Pretty sure the color doesn't matter. Then let them pair up on their own. I have a pair of maroons one is gold stripe the other is white striped(in their own tank). I have a mated pair of ocellerias(sp?)(one with alot of black other one standard color) . Then added another smaller one. It cause a bad fight between the pair. After a couple weeks they all settled down. The original two are still paird. The third stays in his corner(the others dont let him out much). Untill the lights go off then they each go to their own anemone to sleep.

It just depends. I have asked this question to Barelycuda. For sure you can get away with adding clowns of different shapes. Like cinnamon clowns or skunk clowns. I added smaller clowns to my Picasso and he beat the hell out of them. I then added a bigger clownfish after it lost it's mate and they got a long but would constantly fight over the anemone. It doesn't matter about color.

Archived