Cloves

Nancymacc

So I think I am going to be obsessed with the Clove coral. They are so awesomely beautiful.

Where is a good place to get them?

Does anyone frag and sell them? I am in Renton but for a good selection and PDX daytrip would be an option.

Can people share some pics and names of some cloves they have.

I'm with you, I think they're "awesomely beautiful" too! I tried one in my tank and it didn't do well at all. :(

I would love to try again, but I'm skeptical - don't want to kill anything...

Everything else in my tank seems to be thriving; do they have special needs to survive?

Great question! I've tried these a couple of times, the blue ones, and they seemed to be happy at first... then they slowly melted away over the course of two days. I have a blue knuckle I though might have been eating them too, but I think that was just my imagination. Any suggestions would be helpful. I think they require a good bit of light???

For clove care, they seem to enjoy the same conditions as most zoanthids. They dont seem to care for very strong light. Mine do the best about 18" under 250w 20k halide. They never did very well when my system was SPS dominated, but they seem to do great in LPS style system im running now. The difference is less aggressive skimming and carbon filtering. I think they appreciate water with some nutrients in it. I have been using Elso Amino Acids and Pro Skimmer and my clove polyp growth has really taken off too.

I'm not a noob' date=' but would love to buy a couple. I'm actually going to be in Ptld this weekend so if you're around let me know and I would love to take a couple home with me.[/quote']

These are the ones I have. nothing like Roys but still pretty cool looking. Let me know if your interested.

DSC_0002-1.jpg

Archived