New Blue Spotted Jaw Fish!

nyoder23

I finally got one even though it was against the budget I just couldnt wait any longer. I have my aqupod covered with some egg crate with my MH over it so he can't jump out. I am have a custom glass lid made with vents made into it to let the heat out that my sunpod creates too. The scooter blenny and him get along too. But he is not a fan of the emerald crab playing around in his house.

P1050692.jpg

P1050694.jpg

P1050704.jpg

P1050702.jpg

Congrats man! I actually just picked one up on Monday. Cute little guy. We named him last night - Oscar the Grouch

He went after every hermet crab he could find and put them all in one corner of the tank lol the opposite side from him of course lol

Nice yeah she has not picked a name yet. Wow her picking names is a process for sure can't wait t pick a kids name with her... I think it is a little funny how he doesn't like anyhting around him.

So i had the egg crate on the tank till i got my new custom glass cover with vents for my aquapod and he jumped out the day before and I was gone and didn't get back in time. And now he is gone! I am not happy about that at all. And to top off the weekend my biocube that i turned into a frag tank started to leak out of the seams.

So i had the egg crate on the tank till i got my new custom glass cover with vents for my aquapod and he jumped out the day before and I was gone and didn't get back in time. And now he is gone! I am not happy about that at all. And to top off the weekend my biocube that i turned into a frag tank started to leak out of the seams.

That sucks!

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Horrible. Awesome fish. I lost a mystery wrasse to a suicide jump. That's not fun. I think Upscales in Tualatin has a blue spot in stock. I saw it there today, if you want to put the money back into another immediately.

The only thing i can think is myg/f left the front egg crate off while feeding them and forgot to put it back on.

If I ever go anywhere I never worry about someone feeding the fish. I was gone for over a month when I had my nano and they were fine with no feedings.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Wow you're not having a good day. Sorry to hear about your loss. It's easy to forget the covers when feeding. Fortunately we don't have to remove the one in the biocube to feed our bluespot jawfish and he has hit the screen many a time and would have jumped out without it.

I bought him from upscales but now I don't have the money so I will have to wait. They are a great fish minus the jumping. As for feeding the new glass lid will have a small spot to open and close so it should be hard to forget.

Mines doing pretty good. I actually burried a peice of egg crate uder the sand yesterday and he wasnt very happy that I destroyed his burrow but he was building a new one this morning. Guess that means i'll be unburying frags from the sand bed tonight lol.

Archived