Anthias ID Pseudanthias ...? PICS

Palani

I've just got in these anthias, they came into the LFS that I trust as an "assorted" anthias. They look like Pseudanthias Squamipinnis (Lyretail), but the famales look more of an overall maroon/redish color instead of yellow/orange. The center of the scales are yellow, with the rim being purple. They also have the lines from behind the eye to the pectoral fin. The center line is yellow/orange and is inbetween two light purple/lavender lines. There is a good picture of them in the Coral Magazine Vol. 3, Number 4, Corals: Sexual Propagation in the Aquarium; on pg. 78. The picture is of the anthias, if not, then the closest looking anthias to the ones that I have. If only Ellen Thaler, photographer of the anthias in question, could have something to say about this.

E. Thaler photo.

100_0884.jpg

Pictures from my tank

100_0847.jpg

Any help will be much appreaciated

Well, in the first pic if you look in the bottom left corner it says "Pseudanthias spp." meaning that it is an unidentified species in the Pseudanthias genus. On the next page of the magazine however, it shows and identifies Pseudanthias squamipinnis. And the picture in the mag. and the pic of the tank are identical. That is why I am asking this question. It also came in as "assorted anthias" from the wholesaler. I've got this same thread in the Reef Fishes section of RC. So we'll see.

Ryan, I got them from Joel. Might I add that they are eatting great and appreaciate my multiple feedings per HOUR.

Guest Mbeef61

yeah those are squammis jansen...the same ones i got...1 male 4 females...they are even eating flake now too....not hard to keep at all IMO. been going strong for months...very nice fish..