DE 2x250 watt ballast?

jonas

My light is what you read above.I cant get both bulbs to come on at same time.If i unplug it and plug back in one will shut off and the other will come on.Does this mean my ballast is going out?Both my t5's still work.If it is my ballast can someone tell me where to get a new one?Or if someone has one for sale?

Try leaving it plugged in for a bit. It might be that the bulbs are on cool down and by turning it off and on you are cycling through their cool downs as apposed to letting them both warm up. Leave it plugged in for 10 minutes. both should come on. If not there is an issue somewhere either with the bulbs or with the ballast or its connections.

Try leaving it plugged in for a bit. It might be that the bulbs are on cool down and by turning it off and on you are cycling through their cool downs as apposed to letting them both warm up. Leave it plugged in for 10 minutes. both should come on. If not there is an issue somewhere either with the bulbs or with the ballast or its connections.

+1 on that, all MH require a "cool" period maybe as little as 5 min but Garrett is spot on

I wonder if this is what's going on with mine. The right one just can't stay on for very long before it shuts off, then comes back on. I ordered some new fans for the hood, but neither side has a fan on it, so you'd think both would be doing the same thing.

Archived