New Additions to the Pioneer School tank!

Emerald525

Went by the school tank today. I did a water change, cleaned out the skimmer, and replaced their fish food. Also added the items we got from Garrett last week.I really appreciate all the support from the sponsors. The kids really love the tank and every time I go there there's always a child that comes by very interested in what I am doing. Today I had to explain to one of the kids why a shark was not a good idea for a tank! (laugh)He felt like a 40Breeder was plenty big for a shark! :D

Coco worm already opening up:

DSC09004ARW.jpg

DSC09003ARW.jpg

And the Coral Beauty. This has done great in the quarantine tank and I'm sure it will do well for the children

DSC09000ARW.jpg

If you notice LPS is getting munched on you may want to relocate that hermit to the sump. I had one and he ate a pagoda cup and a frog spawn in three days. (scary)

P.S. I can't really tell from the pic, is it red with orange stripes or black with orange? (there are two hermits referred to as Halloween hermits.) The shell looks like a cone shell, so I am guessing it's orange with red stripes (the kind I had.)

Nice job Kim! You are doing a great job! I love how you put the coco worm on that corner of the rock up higher!

I also appreciate all the work you have put in to supporting the Tank For Teachers! This tank would not be possible without all your dedication with group buys and auctions! Awesome work!

If you notice LPS is getting munched on you may want to relocate that hermit to the sump. I had one and he ate a pagoda cup and a frog spawn in three days. (scary)

P.S. I can't really tell from the pic, is it red with orange stripes or black with orange? (there are two hermits referred to as Halloween hermits.) The shell looks like a cone shell, so I am guessing it's orange with red stripes (the kind I had.)

The only LPS we have in there Gill is the chalice Josh donated. We are keeping it mostly a softie low maintenance tank so I'm sure it will do fine. By the way that big hermit you gave us for the share the love is in there and the kids love it. I couldn't keep him once we took down our Fowlr tank.

Nice job Kim! You are doing a great job! I love how you put the coco worm on that corner of the rock up higher!

I also appreciate all the work you have put in to supporting the Tank For Teachers! This tank would not be possible without all your dedication with group buys and auctions! Awesome work!

Thanks hon! You help out quite a bit too with this too and it's fun!

Very nice' date=' thanks kim![/quote']

You're welcome Josh. All your donations brought a lot of nice color to the tank. The kids mainly care about the fish but the adults love all the corals!

I will let you know Steve. The xenia I'm a little hesitant about because the tank seems to get a little cold and I was told xenia doesn't do well in that. The frogspawn should be fine. It would be nice to have another teacher who is interested in a tank. I have a 30 gallon turnkey that's available and we all love tank projects.

They have pretty much taken care of most of the day to day duties with this one. Either Beth and I have done the water changes but eventually I plan to have them take that over too.

I have a Aqua pod ready to be donated. I have had a couple of pms from interested teachers but have not heard back from them. Kim, I have more Kenya tree for the Pioneer tank if you want it (LOL)

Archived