Questions!!!

jgf86123

Ok, so I'm finally gonna do, I'm gonna redo my tank, not as drastic as I wanted to, that's going to wait til we buy a house, but I'm gonna do it nontheless....

So, here's my questions:

I want to get rid of the sand I've got, it's got way too much CC in it, which I personally despise, so I'm gonna get some of the sand Eddie keeps in stock at his store, it looks great in his DT. The question here is, is it safe to yank out all of my sand and put fresh, brand new sand in the tank?

Second, I want to plumb our 30b frag tank in finally, but am unsure on how to do the return from the pump, it's a Quiet One 6000 I believe, and it's going to run both tanks.

And third, does anyone have a temporary sump I can borrow while I'm waiting for the baffles I'm going to install in the 55g I'm currently using to, crap, whats the word I wanna use, season? LOL I'm just going to silicone in some egg crate baffles, but I need to wait 48 hours or so before I can put saltwater back in it, so I'm gonna need something to use for 48 hours or so lol.

Thanks

Mick

You should be fine replacing the sand. Just rinse the new sand a ton. You will probably have a diatom bloom due to the new sand, but it will go away.

I may have a sump you can use. Its drilled in three spots on the bottom though. It's for my 180 gallon, so its pretty big.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Just an FYI' date=' I can't fit anything under the stand that's wider than 14", which is why I've got a 55g in there now lol.[/quote']

Lol my sump wont work then. Its probably pushing three feet wide.

Mick could you just close off your returns for the 2 days and not filter water through the sump, just circulate it through the tank vis PH or whatever else you have in there.

I dont know what you have for fish etc-fish can go a few days with out food to lessen the waste they add-should be fine

Again dont know what you have presently.

regarding the single pump for both tanks, cant you put a manifold or a distributor to it to both? I cant visualize your setup

http://flexpvc.com/cart/agora.cgi?product=PVC-Distributors

http://flexpvc.com/cart/agora.cgi?product=PVC-Manifolds

Coincidentally I too am moving my 55G to a newer less scratched 55g that has been drilled. I think I want to keep my sand because it was mostly live sand and it was flippen expensive. Should I decide to keep the sand, should I be concerned with any of it going anaerobic and causing new problems in the new tank?

Dude, not to be rude, but please start your own thread if you have questions for your own project, it's the polite thing to do.

And to answer your question, no, as new as your tank is, you shouldnt have any problems.

Dude, not to be rude, but please start your own thread if you have questions for your own project, it's the polite thing to do.

And to answer your question, no, as new as your tank is, you shouldnt have any problems.

He is new and doesn't know forum etiquette. Go easy on him bro ;)

Archived