WTB: small sump, and skimmer

tonymarcus1117

Hey all my girlfriend just got me a "complete 30g reef setup" as a gift the problem is it isn't complete. She paid $150 for it which isn't bad considering it has 3 RBTA's 2 clarkii's, a nice sized red lobophylia, a large chunk of favia ( I think joker) and some zoas and mushrooms. The problem is it only has a double wheel hob filter no sump or skimmer, and just some crappy power compact lights. This tank wasn't well maintained at all the water smells awful just tryin to get it set up right but on a budget.

I've got a 29g and i'm just throwing a "sump" together with a used CPR HOB overflow (20 bucks), used 10g glass tank (give away at a LFS), and some leftover PVC laying around the house. Only real expense was a return pump that I put 50 bucks into and even that I'm sure I could have gotten something off the classifieds for much less. I'm skipping baffles (have tons of micro bubbles now and they dont bother me in the least) and filter socks (will likely end up adding this later though), so its just an open chamber with a tupperware of LRR in it and skimmer hanging off the side.

I'm sure you will get what you are looking for here...always lots of stuff being posted. GL and get us some "before" pics so you can show off later when you get it looking pristine:)

Archived