Frag Plug extravaganza

Mr S

Many people have asked about what types and pricing for the TFT plugs. I plan on continuing to make the plugs when I retire and give most of the proceeds to the TFT program. (I am and always be a geek!) Here goes!

fragplugs.jpg

basic frag disk. 20 for $7.00

fragplugs011.jpg

custom made disk (ask if you are interested)

fragplugs010.jpg

basic small t 25 for $7.00

fragplugs009.jpg

Large basic t 20 for $7.00

fragplugs008.jpg

zoo rock or encrusting monti rock 20 for $7.00

fragplugs007.jpg

sps colony rock or chalice growout rock 50 cents each

All frag plug/disks are made with aragonite and cement. I have had no problem with spikes. I would suggest for the home aquariast to cure them in the tank of your toilet. I have never had any problems with using them uncured but it is a good safety precaution. I don't think there are any LFS shops that don't use them. Thanks for the continued support.

Roger

OMG that is some spectacular photo taking skills! I think you win the prize for perfecting thy blurry pics!! LOL

I like the idea of the chalice grow out disk.... any size available between the huge disk and the little disks? Just thinking for those of us that don't have much of a sand bed left... would like bigger than the small disks but that huge one would not fit on my sand bed!! :)

Not sure why anyone would "cure" them in the tank of the toilet...that's great if you are putting them in a freshwater aquarium or you have a saltwater toilet, but my toilet is freshwater. When you take the plug with the good cured bio load on it from the fresh water system and plunge it into a reef tank at 1.024...is anyone else pickin' up what I'm puttin down??? <---no toilet jokes here. Shouldn't you cure it in saltwater?

Seems to me that if they dont' do anything after the freshwater thing, then they wouldn't do anything either way. Just my 2 cents...

If anyone else has another theory on this let me know...I'll listen.

The only thing I can see the toilet doing is a general wash of the plug for you...

Matt

Constant water cleanse. I have also heard of people putting frag plugs and even homemade LR in streams or rivers. One of the problems with soaking in salt water is that it is usually in a closed system so you have to change the water quite often. I have also heard of people soaking their plugs in a vinegar solution. (this seems weird to me and I have never done it) It is supposed to neutralize the ingrediants in the plug or concrete mix. Personally I use the toilet method and then pull them out when necessary however I also have used them straight from the mold. Never had any problems either way.

Archived