A message to our hackers friends

grassi

I just spent my morning fixing one of my clients websites that was hacked.

I had 2 other websites last week.

Then there is our pnwmas.org which is constantly under attack.

This message is for you, our dear hacker: why don't you get a reef tank!

You can spend your free time enjoying this amazing hobby!

How boring is to spend your life seeking the latest sql injection?

Get a tank and a clownfish! (laugh)

I just spent my morning fixing one of my clients websites that was hacked.

I had 2 other websites last week.

Then there is our pnwmas.org which is constantly under attack.

This message is for you, our dear hacker: why don't you get a reef tank!

You can spend your free time enjoying this amazing hobby!

How boring is to spend your life seeking the latest sql injection?

Get a tank and a clownfish! (laugh)

His Mom probably won't let him.

Makes me sick. My wife has a little internet store that she sells scrapbooking stuff on and her site was hacked at christmas. Couldnt even recover it' date=' had to wipe it and start over. Why? for some childs amusement.[/quote']

Me too. This client of mine is a woman who is running a little online store here in Oregon. She's losing interest on selling online after this episode.

To fellow web developers: Read up on SQL injections and XSS hacks and you wont get hacked.

Amazes me how many developers these days leave their code open to hacks (including some major applications suck as these boards).

To fellow web developers: Read up on SQL injections and XSS hacks and you wont get hacked.

Amazes me how many developers these days leave their code open to hacks (including some major applications suck as these boards).

I wish it was as simple as it seems from your lines. The problem of low cost hosting and css (xss) is not something we can control. I can have all my scripts up to date and secured but if you hack from a Mambo 4.6 beta installation that is on the server and that I don't even know of the existence.. there isn't much to do.

I've been working in this business for over 12 years now and I'm still ask myself what kind of amusement a person can find on just running bots for hacking random websites. At least I used to have a specific target lol

Ah ya dam install directories. Ive seen that happen many times on other sites. Ive always programmed my install/setup programs to self delete after they have been ran first time. Also have the main script detect if install directory is preset and halt running if it is. More and more other scripts are starting to do this and its a good thing.

Also what allot of other people fail to do is protect upload scripts where its easy to upload a php (or other server side script) to do all the harm.

About 8 years ago I was the lead programmer and server admin for a software developing company and we were leasing a remote server on a T3 line. I ran the server remotely and someone hacked into it and tried to hijack it. (somehow they managed to create a new login) I fought with them for about 2 hours before I finally got them kicked off it and another 6 hours to repair the damage.