Finch's SPS Envision

finch6013

Finch's sps Envision

Today was the start of my new build.

187g 60Lx30Wx24T Envision acrylics built sps dream tank.

The tank should be arriving shortly, so with that, I started work on the stand

DSC_0266-1.jpg

DSC_0267-1.jpg

DSC_0268-1.jpg

I still have a little more framing to do and then I will start skinning.

All pluming will run through the wall behind the tank (which I painted black) and into the laundry/tank room.

More updates and pics to fallow soon.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

hey Brandon if you have not picked out what you are going to use for skinning that Stand then here is what i used and it turned out amazing after staining the sheets.

02c56f46.jpg

its very thin so you can use a finishers gun to get it up to the frame thats what i did

7ed7135d.jpg

the sheets are 8x4 and are $10 here in vancouver if you want i can help you with the cutting nailing it if you need to i have all the tools :) and i also have the Trim that you can use if you want for the top of the stand

671a7558.jpg

454dc395.jpg

if you need the cabnet doors i have a master that has a shop here in vancouver can get you a good deal ? he sure game me a sweet deal.

Here is the sump. I pick it up tomorrow after work!

Custom made by Ed of Ed's Reef. THANKS!!!

Sump is 48x20x18. First section is two filter socks and skimmer. Second section is open area for future equipment or fuge and the last section will be for the ATO and external pump.

From all the pics he send during the build process, and based on his other work, I think this sump is going to be very nice. I can't wait to pick it up, and will tell more of its quality tomorrow. sumpandeel028.jpg

Another update: Not much has happened on the stand. I finished framing and have just started to skin. I got the top and two sides put on, and still have two sides plus trim. Possibly by mid next week I will have pics of the finished stand and maybe even the tank if I have time to get it this weekend.

That is a nice sump' date=' I've already talked to Ed about doing our next build for us, and the price he quoted me was just insanely low, I can't wait lol.[/quote']

Ed gave me a great price, and I would recommend him to anyone. Not to mention his turn around time for building was quicker than I needed.

And he gave me a ton of build pics along the way! It was really cool to see that.

• 2 weeks later...