Lobster tank/coldwater marine aquarium. Stainless/white - $600

Thought I would let you guys in on this if anyone is interested:

Yes, another lobster tank for sale :)

http://portland.craigslist.org/clc/app/2290619647.html'>http://portland.craigslist.org/clc/app/2290619647.html

Asking $600 obo for this one.

**************************************************************************************

4/10/11

Okay, this is a PNWMAS only special, this will not be advertised on my craigslist add.

Hopefully this will inspire someone to take the plunge into coldwater like me :D

PRICE DROP TO $475

If you had been debating on buying this from me and you were on the edge hopefully this will push you over.

**************************************************************************************

Thought I'd update this with a video showing the tank in action.

http://s246.photobucket.com/albums/gg100/Stuwobbe/Coldwater%20tanks/?action=view&current=VID_20110407_235306.mp4

th_VID_20110407_235306.jpg

IMG_20110327_163956.jpg

IMG_20110327_163449.jpg

IMG_20110327_163633.jpg

IMG_20110327_164433.jpg

IMG_20110327_163656.jpg

My wife laughed when I asked her about buying the first tank, 6 tanks later she's not laughing anymore.....lol.

If anyone is serioulsy wanting to get this tank and get it stocked, let me know, I'm taking a trip to Barview/Garibaldi on April 20th and there will be a -1.7 tide that morning. If anyone wants to tag along and split on gas hit me up :D

I keep hoping someone from this site will buy one of these from me so that I can have a buddy to go tidepool collecting with :D

I've been considering it, it would be sweet to be able to collect my own livestock. But I still havent even set up the 110 I bought almost 2 months ago :( .

BTW do you mix your own saltwater or do you use natural sea water?

I've been considering it, it would be sweet to be able to collect my own livestock. But I still havent even set up the 110 I bought almost 2 months ago :( .

BTW do you mix your own saltwater or do you use natural sea water?

I mix it at home, just like any other saltwater.

I try and buy buckets of salt when they are on sale.

Is the 110 you are talking about a lobster tank like what I have? If it is show me some pics :D What model is it? Hit me up if you want to know some good mods for them to use as marine tanks.

I thought I would mention this also in case anyone has the ability to plumb one of these lobster tanks into their existing system, but this tank would make for the most bad *** sump ever on a reef :D I'm essentially going to be running both of the lobster tanks I'm keeping as sumps for my display tank inside and using the dual chillers, dual filters, dual skimmers, and 220 gallons of water to my advantage in the garage.

But for all you tropical reef keepers that worry about the temps of running halides over your tanks during the summer, imagine if you had 110 gallons of water sitting at a stable temperature in your garage with a 1/2 horse chiller hooked into it plumbed into your tank ;)

I mix it at home, just like any other saltwater.

I try and buy buckets of salt when they are on sale.

Is the 110 you are talking about a lobster tank like what I have? If it is show me some pics :D What model is it? Hit me up if you want to know some good mods for them to use as marine tanks.

Nope just a regular old standard 110 reef tank

I'm going to bump this because I want it. If my 210 sells this is mine.

I got my fingers crossed for you :D I'd love to have another person to go collecting with.

I need you to find me a small one like the first one you sold lol

Yeah I wish I could find more of those, I ended up selling that one to Nick at Rose City. I think another guy is going to buy it soon though and set it up as a coldwater tank.

Perfect size. What size is yours (no stupid remarks please) and how much does it cost a month to run it? What do you do for lighting on a tank like this? Do you use sand on the bottom? Do you have any pictures of your tank up and running. Sorry for so many questions, but I want your tank and think it would be so cool to try something new. So much to learn.

Perfect size. What size is yours' date=' and how much does it cost a month to run it? [/quote']

It is the exact same tank, with the exception that mine have slightly taller stands. I keep my tanks in the garage so I dont think I have heard the chiller come on in months. My garage has stayed right about 50 degrees for quite a while. The only thing that uses power otherwise is the Little Giant Pumps that run the whole system. I can get you a make and model of the pump later if you want. So far it is less expensive to run than my 15G reef with dual 70w HQI's.

What do you do for lighting on a tank like this?

I am running a water proof LED light strip on the inside lip of the tank since I didnt want a lot of light on the tank and I didnt want to add anything over the tank to ruin the streamlined look.

Do you use sand on the bottom?

Nope, cant run fine partical substrates in these systems. They have an upflow from the bottom and have a lower false bottom that houses the chiller coil. Smallest you could do is probably dime size rocks and larger which is what I'm running. My tank will mostly be a rocky shore biotope I guess it would be considered.

Do you have any pictures of your tank up and running. Sorry for so many questions, but I want your tank and think it would be so cool to try something new. So much to learn.

Hey no problem, I actually have a ton of pictures and some videos of my tank up and running. If you want to see them just follow this link to my photobucket album:

COLDWATER TANK ALBUM

Or if your up north anytime soon let me know and you can just come and check out everything in person :D

Okay, if someone buys this tank from me before the 20th they can have a free ride with me and my buddy to Oceanside when we go collecting and I will hold onto anything you find until your tank is ready.

And you can still have some strawberry anemones, and maybe some other stuff too ;)

Okay, this is a PNWMAS only special, this will not be advertised on my craigslist add.

Hopefully this will inspire someone to take the plunge into coldwater like me :D

PRICE DROP TO $475

If you had been debating on buying this from me and you were on the edge hopefully this will push you over.

Whats that one fish next to the kelp greenling? Its kinda calico looking? I looked at every picture and I am impressed. Nice set ups.

All three of these are Greenlings, first one is a female Kelp Greenling, the second is a male Kelp Greenling, and the third is either a juvenile Kelp Greenling or a Rock Greenling.

Took these photos at an asian market near Powell and 205.

IMG_20110116_141207.jpg

IMG_20110116_141231.jpg

IMG_20110116_141148.jpg