Best Oregon/Washington Coast Aquariums?

Rick

Well there are only 3 that I even know of....... Seattle, Seaside, and Newport.

Seaside is really small I say skip it.

Seattle is just smaller then Newport. And you should hit it up when you go to SeaMax.

So that leaves Newport..........

Whatever you do have fun!!!

If you have a chance, in Newport there is great clamming and crabbing as well. You need a shellfish permit, but it is worth it when you bring home a bucket of fresh clams... yum.

I thought that the Seattle aquarium was better than the OCA, but then I have been to the OCA so many times maybe the wonder has worn off. I have only been to the Seattle aquarium once so it was all new to me at the time. :)

dsoz

+1 to scoring a shellfish permit, its only like $7 a year and you can keep 12 dungenes crabs a day and something like 20 clams. I think that south newport has everthing you need. Rent a yurt at south beach state park, walk up the beach to the jetty and the aquarium is right there and the hatfield marine science center and the rogue brewery. Its perfect. Thanks for helping me figure out what im doing for vacation this summer lol.