Help with ID

Chindo

Melted..... wow i didn't know that could happen. the seem to be doing well since i put in the new T12 50/50 bulb (i know crappy but saving up for a nice T5 setup). is there anything i can do to prevent it from happening to the rest of the poylps?

That doesn't mean they did melt. It's just a posibility. Not much you can do now. Just don't add anthing for awhile and get your system going. If you can maybe go to one of the LFS and get some cycled water. It might help get your cycle going in your tank. It very well still could have been a hermit too. Didn't you get a decorator crab too? Check him out it might be on him too.

I just read that these glass Anemones are bad....... just how bad are these??? It looks like i got a LR that was infested with bad stuff.. The live rock has some zoas. Im gonna post a picture so you guys can help me ID them.... and if they are good how can i go about saving them while removing the bristle worms and glass Anemones from this LR

The first picture appears to be a star polyp. The second one is aptasia (bad). I can't see the last one. Unless the zoas/palys are something really neat looking I would suggest entirely pulling the rock/rocks with aptasia out so it doesn't take over the tank and then kill the rocks. (Torch off the aptasia and then let them dry out for a couple of weeks) You can put the rocks back later. The bristle worms are not the reason for the star polyp dieing. More likely it's due to the tank cycling. If the bristle worms are around it then they are eating the dead flesh from it (which is a good thing). Generally speaking the same is true for hermits although they occasionally do eat live corals. FWIW, you can't get rid of bristle worms. Any healthy tank will have them (even if they are never seen).

I tried sending this from the phone but couldn't get it to load, so here goes.

Dude, shoot a message to grassi, aka Alex, he needs aptaisia for his bergia nudibranch farm, and will either pay for the rock, take it an clean it of all aptaisia and return it and will probably give ya a few frags on top of it lol. He's a great guy to deal with and is one of the most knowlegable people I've ever met in regards to the hobby, his system is a must see, while it's not the biggest around, it's one of the most well run and thouroughly tested systems you'll ever see. Dude knows his stuff and is a pleasure to be around.