Chaeto Sump Barrier?

Algae

something like a milk carton maybe Franklin? I know Alex uses one in his stock tank that he's using as a sump.

How is that used, Mick?

I was thinking of using some of the extra execrate I have.

SDC11770.jpg

Think I misread what you were using (scary) (laugh).

This may be a good idea. Maybe if I used eggcrate and covered it in door screen with channels in the tank to secure it ?

build a little black acrylic box. and drill some holes in it, pretty cheap and easy, plus it wont stand out.

another idea that might work would be to attach some to a power head. i did this with caleurpa and it works like a charm. the power head can be on or off, and it just looks like a plant mass in the top of you tank, and it wont spread to the bottom.

That looks like needle point plastic - any JoAnn's fabric or craft store.

Thanks! I really went through a mental exercise trying to figure out it's possible applications. Needlepoint just didn't come up!

Should come in a couple of different mesh sizes too!

Never tried it but I would assume door screen would restrict to much flow and cause more problems than its worth.

Sent from my Ally using Tapatalk

Actually screen works very well glued to egg-crate in a vertical position, like a dam at the top of the divider. I would take a pick of mine but just to tired. Put the screen in on the flow side. So you don't clog up the crate holes. I have this setup with my 75 gal. sump using a PCX 40 external pump.