Question on RO issues.

jptrson

I recently purchased a small brand new commercial RO system 500 gal per day. After about 6-7 hours of running time the membranes clogged up. I sent them back to the Mfg. and they could not recognize the substance on them. They said it felt a bit like a gel hand sanitizer?(scratch) Well they sent me new membranes, so before installing I ran the water for about 2 hours to flush the pipes, then ran the back flush on the system for another hour. Started the system up and ran great for about 6-7 hours and same thing happened. I called the city of Redmond ( they are investigeting now), but they say the ONLY thing they add to the water is chlorine and don't get my hopes up for them finding anything.

I wanted to see if anyone has had a similar experience or any suggestions on what to look, test for.

The system is located downtown Redmond.... city water.

Thanks,

John

that sucks.

I think Nyles idea of tricking them into giving you an honest report of what it is in the water might very well be worth $20.

Is it possible to get a sample of water from before the lines to your store start? Might at least be able to isolate if it is indeed a city problem or a landlord/personal problem.

Sorry to hear :(