RO Float Valve for a gravity feed top off without a RO unit?

Drew

I just picked up a cheap HydroLogic Float Valve for my RO today. I don't feel like flooding my house for the 3rd time (laugh)

Has anyone tried use a simple RO value for a gravity feed auto top off? Not sure if they need pressure to operate properly or not. Would be nice if it worked! I wouldn't have to buy an expensive autp electric top off or keep adding water every couple of days.

I used a gravity fed auto top off on my 90 gallon back when I lived here before... it worked GREAT!!! I am thinking of doing something similar again on the 120 I will be setting up here... have it come from my RO/DI to a container with a float valve and then from the container to the sump with a float valve too... would this work???

I used a gravity fed auto top off on my 90 gallon back when I lived here before... it worked GREAT!!! I am thinking of doing something similar again on the 120 I will be setting up here... have it come from my RO/DI to a container with a float valve and then from the container to the sump with a float valve too... would this work???

yep! That's exactly what I had except DI-RO to reservoir that was controlled with float valve then DIY kalk reactor then to sump with float valve at the end.