In wall tank Ideas

finch6013

I am planning an In wall tank. I have a finished wall that I would like to use and not have to take it all down. I like the look of a flush in wall tank but had the idea of making it flush to the back of the wall. Behind this wall is a laundry room. This would leave the tank sitting in a recessed trimmed whole like a window. I think with 2x4 thickness plus sheet rock it would be about a 5'' recess. The tank I am planning would be 60x30x24.

Looking for opinions or advice on how this would look or ways to make it flush without redoing the entire wall.

Redoing the wall is not that big a deal, especially since you will be "exposing" the wall for the tank. IMO the ledge would look odd, flush is the way I plan to do mine.

I would see the ledge as a collection area of dust/junk(laugh) and linit the view (slightly)

Good luck on the build, you gotta love the ability to do such a project!!

Might look kind of cool, depends on how you finish it. I saw one done in granite or tile. I would recommend you provide access from the front for cleaning and working with the rock/coral, trying to do it from behind is a real pain

I am capable of doing it I just dont want to redo a wall that I just finished 6 months ago.DOH!

Ah thats just hind sight (laugh).

It depends to if you want to be able to access the front, myself I do so I plan to do someting very similar to Daniks at least thats what I am leaning torwards-i got plenty of time to change that idea

Ah thats just hind sight (laugh).

It depends to if you want to be able to access the front, myself I do so I plan to do someting very similar to Daniks at least thats what I am leaning torwards-i got plenty of time to change that idea

I'm a sparky, I can do anything. I done a Lot of wall and trim work before.