Stop complaining about your lighting

jackaninny

Yes it can be done successfully. You have to put filters because the light can be too strong.

It works in green house, prop tank configuration.

As for a reef display tank in a house there are a few sad unsuccessful examples on reefcentral.

A friend of mine is running his frag tank on his balcony on the 5th floor of his apartment if I remember well, just lit by the sun. It is connected to the main tank inside the house.

He is hiding it because is not allowed by the home owners association lol

IMG_0050.jpg

Thats pretty cool, Thanks for sharing......Do I smell a group buy in the future? Those Scoly's where pretty cool...(plotting)

Its crazy to think that such little barrier between the tropical temps with corals and just outside is snow and freezing temps....I am really amazed he is able to keep that greenhouse from fluxuating too much...thats nutz...

I can't remember where I saw it, but I read a super long thread about a guy who remodeled his house so that he could light his reef tank with Solar Tubes, from the pics, he had great color and awesome growth, but it's not something that works well in our area...He was in Nevada or Arizona or New Mexico, one of those three states, I think....

It's been a couple of years and many, umm, yeah, so the memory aint too great LOL