Skimmer BB Pump Change!

Algae

Got a Bubble Blaster 3000 coming in in two days to replace stock (new) pump on Vertex IN180 gen2. Here is what the stock pump performance looks like on my LR tank. It's output through outlet is minimal. I will post the BB pump change in a couple of days.

DSC_0020.jpg

DSC_0021.jpg

DSC_0026.jpg

Should do both. According to specs it overpowers the skimmer but there are people running this on RC with great results (and we all know that RC people are SO much smarter than the average reefer, 'cause they tell ya so)!

Did an elementary mistake. These skimmers are very sensitive to placement. Lowered it a bit and it is a pumping fool with stock pump. Now the question is if I should keep the BB3000. Might send it back in exchange for BB5000 and use it to power my tall ER.

DSC_0028.jpg

J have the swc 200 and upgraded to the BB 3000 and love it... Really changed the skimmer..The BB pulls more air then the stock pump and this makes it better.

Yeah Frank you can't go wrong with Bubble Blaster great pumps. I have a BB 5000 it came with the ext Reef Octo XP 5000 works great skimming my 300gal cube.

Vin "Keep On Reefing"

Got a Bubble Blaster 3000 coming in in two days to replace stock (new) pump on Vertex IN180 gen2. Here is what the stock pump performance looks like on my LR tank. It's output through outlet is minimal. I will post the BB pump change in a couple of days.

DSC_0020.jpg

DSC_0021.jpg

DSC_0026.jpg

the last pic makes me a little thirsty lol nice crystal clear cool water (drooler)