Secret murderer?

jonas

So I have had my tank up for over a month.It has cycled and my water condition is great.Ask nick at rosecity.The first fish i bought was a flame hawk fish.A few days later I bought a powder brown.The next day my hawk was dead.I have no clue what or who killed him.A few days later i bought a wrasse.Very sweet looking fish.As soon as i put him in the powder brown was chasing him.yesterday I bought a sailfin tang and a flame angel. The powder brown was chasing them both.So i took Him out of my show and put him in my sump untill i can take him back to nick.Well i woke up this morning and my wrasse is dead(flame)(flame)(flame)DOH! I thought my powder brown was the killer but i was wrong.I am very sad. I do not like to lose fish.I make sure I have good water before i add fish.(flame)

Sorry for your lost. One of the rules of thumb is to is to start out with a cheeper break in fish. A good break in fish is a green chromis or yellowtail blue damselfish. these fish will help break in your tank and are cheeper like around 5.00 dollars each. the other thing is you should cycle your tank for closer to 3 months before adding fish. do you have live sand and live rock. the cycling takes time its all part of the ECO system in your tank. and if you have any questions just ask. there are a lot of great people here that can help you.

I did start off with 2 damsels.I do have live sand and rock.This is my second tank I had a 100 gallon 3 years ago that did great.I started it up right and my tank has completely cycled.I have 2 damsels and 3 other fish in there that are fine.My water test out great.I have test it and nick at rosecity has tested it. Something is killing them.

Sorry for your loss. I concur with ck, it is important to wait for 3 months or more. The reason is your bio filter hasnt been established so it canot proccess the amount of waist from the fish. Espesialy the amount of waist that come out of Tangs. There are also many forms of bacteria that help keep the fish healthy and disese free. These are all things we cant really test for with our kits. Wait for at least 3 months, then add your clean up crew first. Snails/crabs maybe a serpent star, then a small hardy fish like a few chromis or talbot damsels.

Well obviously something is going on in your tank. Indications would point to it not being ready to house fish like you're trying to put in it. A Powder Brown, Flame Hawk, Flame Angel and a Sailfin Tang plus 2 damsels and a wrasse is a LOT of fish for an 80 gallon - let alone a month old 80 gallon. Do you have a skimmer? How much live rock?

Even tho, you done this before. something is different this time. As you would know, every tank is different so if you really want advise - slow down. Add one small-ish fish at a time, a week or two apart. Let the bacteria catch up to the bio-load between additions.

Good Luck.

For a second I thought I was reading my post from a week ago. Took my water into Rose City after every fish died and was told the water quality was perfect. Although I am a newbie and might be speaking out of turn, I am convinced it's something else. My friend picked up new fish that killed his clown fish which had been established for over a year.

http://www.pnwmas.org/forums/showthread.php?25544-Newbie-about-to-give-up

I'm going to quarantine my fish with copper for 14 days at an alternate location, nothing is surviving more than 1-2 weeks except my beautiful corals which are thriving.

ITS NOT A PREDITOR!!! ITS A FISH PARISITE OR FUNGUS!!! THATS WHY YOUR CORALS ARE DOING FINE AND YOUR FISH ARE DYEING! AND THE ONLY WAY FOR YOUR FISH TO STOP DYEING IS TO LET YOUR TANK BE WITHOUT HOSTS FOR THE BAD STUFF FOR 3 MONTHS OR MORE. THEN BAD STUFF WILL DIE AND FISH CAN RETURN TO THE TANK. NICK AT ROSE CITY IS NOT TESTING FOR PARASITES!!!

ITS NOT A PREDITOR!!! ITS A FISH PARISITE OR FUNGUS!!! THATS WHY YOUR CORALS ARE DOING FINE AND YOUR FISH ARE DYEING! AND THE ONLY WAY FOR YOUR FISH TO STOP DYEING IS TO LET YOUR TANK BE WITHOUT HOSTS FOR THE BAD STUFF FOR 3 MONTHS OR MORE. THEN BAD STUFF WILL DIE AND FISH CAN RETURN TO THE TANK. NICK AT ROSE CITY IS NOT TESTING FOR PARASITES!!!

How can you be sure it's a fungus or parasite? And why are you shouting?