I thought I had seen it all

Mr S

I have had my 29g tank half full for the last 3 weeks because my Angler fish died. I vacuumed out the tank, changed water, etc. Saw a clump of goo in the bottom of the tank so I naturally grabbed it to throw it away. Remember this is while the kids are building hot air balloons. To my squealing surprise, (all students heard and saw me), the clump of goo turned out to be a very angry angler fish that flared up and immediately swam into the rock pile. Pretty funny. I guess I should feed him. He looks very healthy once he moved around the tank.DOH!

actually he was acting like he was dead. stayed in one spot and slightly tilted like a dead bloated fish. I assumed he had died and told my student aide to remove the carcass. It is not a well lit tank. My student aide must have forgotten to remove it. It just ate a molly so I think he was pretty hungry. I did some research and found that they don't actually have to eat that often. An easy fish to take care of if I keep this type of husbandry!!! LOL I think he is happier now that he has a fresh tank and a full belly