My koralia reversed!

Mitchell

Yesterday I noticed my torch coral was not waving around like it normally does. I thought it was because I unplugged my reactor, so I really didn't think much of it. Today when I turned my lights on I saw my poor little clowfish stuck to the front of the powerhead! My koralia had somehow reversed and was sucking in, not blowing out. Luckily the clown is ok and after unplugging the powerhead and plugging it back it started working normally again. Have you guys ever had this happen?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Thats funny you posted that. I was just going to post the same thing. I was doing some cleaning this morning. I run my hand if front of the powerhead. No flow so I started checking to see if it gave out and noticed it was sucking in. So I unplugged it and looked it over cleaned it a little and plugged it in. All has been well for a couple hours.

ATTENTION KORALIA EVOLUTION OWNERS

Hydor has discovered a slight modification is necessary to ensure the proper functioning of some Koralia Evo Pumps.

The issue is that some pumps can run backwards over time when used with certain timers and wavemaker devices.

The problem can usually be corrected by a simple cleaning of the impeller bushing, bushing o-ring and bushing housing with any safe solvent such as rubbing alcohol.

Hydor has a modified bushing and bushing housing available to the consumer at no charge.

Please contact Hydor USA at any time for assistance at 916-920-5222 or 866-493-6787 or hydorusa.office@hydor.com

ATTENTION KORALIA EVOLUTION OWNERS

Hydor has discovered a slight modification is necessary to ensure the proper functioning of some Koralia Evo Pumps.

The issue is that some pumps can run backwards over time when used with certain timers and wavemaker devices.

The problem can usually be corrected by a simple cleaning of the impeller bushing, bushing o-ring and bushing housing with any safe solvent such as rubbing alcohol.

Hydor has a modified bushing and bushing housing available to the consumer at no charge.

Please contact Hydor USA at any time for assistance at 916-920-5222 or 866-493-6787 or hydorusa.office@hydor.com

Thanks for posting this. I'll order the parts tomorrow.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk