Yellow tang trio???

Gill

I was always under the impression that unless they are from the same school that you don't want to add them if they are the same type. You can have multiple tangs in the tank but I always thought you couldn't do two yellows, or two blues etc..

I'm guessing by the video that Kevin just posted that it might not be true.

After my video finishes, there are some related videos of yellows in the wild. They are almost always found in schools. It is very rare to see one yellow tang by itself in the ocean. I never have snorkeling in these waters for the last 20 years. (i used to vacation here every year before moving)

k3v

After my video finishes, there are some related videos of yellows in the wild. They are almost always found in schools. It is very rare to see one yellow tang by itself in the ocean. I never have snorkeling in these waters for the last 20 years. (i used to vacation here every year before moving)

k3v

Do you ever see them fight in the wild? It must be awesome to swim with a giant school of them.

k3v

I like the one from Two Step, I've snorkeled there many times. We also found a small park on the south side of Kealakekua Bay (captain cook) called Manini Beach, The Tangs there were amazing

Don't you have a decent sized blue hippo? And if so any ideas of weather or not this would cause agression? This is pretty cool if you are able to do this.

Keep us all updated.

This is my main cause of hesitation. Actually I hesitate putting any new fish in because my blue is so mean. I think adding three yellows will actually lesson the aggression.