Looking for insight on a new refugium for my future 210g.

Hog Head

I am going to be upgrading the 100g to a 210 probably within the next 6 months. I am looking into a prefab refugium rather than building one from a 75g tank. One that has caught my attention is the Aqueon ProFlex Sump Model 4. It is selling for about $300 on the net. Has anyone had any experience or knowledge about this refugium? If so please share.

Thanks, Gene

I checked it out and though it is a beautiful sump, it is shown as 24" wide. I believe that is the same as a 210. Would it fit in the stand under the tank?

Gene' date=' if you have the money to spend, check this one out: [url']http://www.pnwmas.org/forums/showthread.php?24754-FS-Custom-Sump[/url] Charles does AWESOME work, an that sump is the CADILLAC of sumps, I guarantee it.

Thats the easy part Gene, just build the stand a bit bigger, I'm of the belief that you should build your stand to house your sump, not your tank, cause the bigger your sump is, the better off you are. Make the stand 30" wide, it gives you a lip around the tank where you can set a beer or whatever while you're fooling around in the tank an what not.

I contacted envisions about one also. I like the look of the Aqueon because it looks like a turn key fuge. But I don't know anything about it other than thier ad.

Dave at Davy Jones Locker could probably build you a custom one to your specs for a good price. I know a number of people on here, including myself that have Dave built sumps/refugiums

Doug

I have been toying around with the idea of building the stand. A shelf is a great idea. A place to put food or whatever when working on the tank. That is a really nice refugium.

Thats the easy part Gene' date=' just build the stand a bit bigger, I'm of the belief that you should build your stand to house your sump, not your tank, cause the bigger your sump is, the better off you are. Make the stand 30" wide, it gives you a lip around the tank where you can set a beer or whatever while you're fooling around in the tank an what not.[/quote']

Thanks. I'll think about it for a while. The price is about the same, give or take a few $. The money isn't an issue. Timing might be though.

LOL no worries man' date=' that sump I linked you is completely turn-key, with everything needed built in, shoot Charles a message an he'll more than likely walk you through everything, or even set up a time for you to come check it out.[/quote']

I wouldn't have a separate tank for the clown, but she is such a little b**ch she needs her own home just so the others can live in peace.

An it seems like everyone is tieing multiple tanks together now' date=' we're doing the same thing, tieing a 30b tank into our existing system that's going to be a combo frag tank/maroon clown breeding tank lol.[/quote']

She has never drawn blood, not that she hasn't tried. But she bullies fish twice her size. She now has an Eight Line Wrasse and a LM Blenny for company and so far everyone gets along.

Dude' date=' our maroons are in the sump, the female LITERALLY comes completely out of the water to attack your hand, it's kinda scary, an she hurts like hell when she hits you an has drawn blood on me multiple times LOL, I know your pain.[/quote']

I am going to be upgrading the 100g to a 210 probably within the next 6 months. I am looking into a prefab refugium rather than building one from a 75g tank. One that has caught my attention is the Aqueon ProFlex Sump Model 4. It is selling for about $300 on the net. Has anyone had any experience or knowledge about this refugium? If so please share.

Thanks, Gene

I have the Aqueon ProFlex 4. This is an awesome sump. Ya, cost a little more than your DIY sump. The best thing about Aqueon is they stand behind their product. I had the older version (megaflow 4) and one of the seams split on a inside baffle (not an exterior seam). I called them to see what they could do and thy sent me a brand new one free of charge no questions asked. Here are some picture of how I have it setup. If you have any other specific questions ask away. Good Luck!

DSC02289.jpg

DSC02459.jpg

DSC02513.jpg

Last picture 120 gallon crystal clear.

DSC02517.jpg