Quick question about my tangs .

Hozer21

I need help on this matter and I hope you guys can help me .I have 3 tangs in my 90 gallon tank and they are blue hippo(5-6inches) , a Tomini (5-6inches)& purple tang(same size ) . I have had them for a couple years or so and there are doing really good and eat like crazy but the are kind of trouble makers. So I'm thinking of getting rid of 2 of them Hippo & Tomini tang and keep the purple tang , but I also want to get a couple other tangs but allot smaller when I get rid of the other two but not 100% sure yet. The only reason I want to keep the purple tang is because I had him the longest and it's just a cool looking tang and I know there a little on the mean side when there the only one and you put new tangs in , but I'm thinking of pulling all of them out and putting the two new ones in first and then putting in the purple tang after a couple days.So what do you guys think ??

take him out and move everything in the tank around and put the new ones in the tank. wait a few days and turn the lights off and put the purple tang back in. that might work for you. work for me. i had a mean yellow tang that keep trying to kill my copper banded butterfly fish. but they are all good know.

IME the purple tang will most likely still become a bully even if you do all the suggested things above. And we he does you will have smaller tangs that he will begin to pick on, will they be able to defend themselves?

I know you do not want to remove the purple tang but think about it this way. I'd leave the Tomini and Blue and move the purple. Sounds like it's time to set up a tank for him and maybe some other non-reef safe fish.

Sounds like a "win-win" to me! :)

IME the purple tang will most likely still become a bully even if you do all the suggested things above. And we he does you will have smaller tangs that he will begin to pick on, will they be able to defend themselves?

I know you do not want to remove the purple tang but think about it this way. I'd leave the Tomini and Blue and move the purple. Sounds like it's time to set up a tank for him and maybe some other non-reef safe fish.

Sounds like a "win-win" to me! :)

Would like to get an other tank but right now because we just had a new baby about a month ago so my hands are tied on this one at least until he get a little older . I do plan to get a 250-300 gallon tank to put in my main room in the house but that won't be for a couple years from now . Maybe I should just get rid of all my tangs and get a small purple tang and then start all over