Help me buy my clown's

Bigjohnwoody

I have decided I have to have a pair of clowns in my tank! My question for all of you is what clown's you recommend? I really like the semi snowflakes, semi picasso's,and true percula's! Recommendations on anything though is appreciated. Also what would be the best as far as hardiness? I really don't want to spend between 50-250 dollars on a mated pair and end up killing them. I will be q-ting them in a 30 gallon tank with a power filter, heater and pvc fittings at the bottom! Besides for a green chromis (that I did not qt(nono) ) these would only be my second fish ever! I just got the chromis and realize my tank needs to sit to adapt to the new load I put on it and that is why I will be waiting a good month to 6 weeks of q-ting before I add them! That and to make sure they are ok!

Clowns are great fish!!! They can be aggressive though, so if you plan on having a lot of less aggressive fish, like fire fish, you may want to add them later. They should definitely go in before any tangs, wrasses or other larger aggressive fish though.

yep, for what you are looking for, go to Dave's(barelycuda) and get them...

Here are some that HaroldB got from Dave's clown house(thanks for letting me borrow the pic:p)

picassos2.jpg

And he has a ton more that he personally breeds so you know you'r getting a good healthy fish...

Yah thous are gorgeous! Thous would be right up my alley! I sent him a pm. Does he have a site or pics of what he currently has anywhere?

Nope, but, he's usually pretty cool with people comin over, we got our B&W's from him...

Couldnt ask for better fish, they're healthy, he helped us out a lot when they got brookynella from my tank LOL Got em all healed up an they've been healthy as hell ever since, an on top of that, they were eating out of my hand within 2 days of getting them in the tank.