Wanna play a game?

CA2OR

I have been participating in a thread on another forum that has been proving to be both entertaining and educational....and being that anything that has both of these qualities seem to be a lot of fun here I thought I would start it up here....

Here is how it works as the concept is very simple... All you do is answer the previously asked reef related question and then ask a new one and so on. I'll get things going with the first question which I will come back and answer to give you an idea of how it works (and no I don't like talking to myself, but I'm thankful for the opportunity :p). If it makes things easier to follow along, you can quote the question you are answering first in your response.

Q: What is the fastest growing coral?

Q: who has good deals on horseshoe crabs?

A: GARRETT! He always has invert specials.

Q: Does SanDiego really have Salt water faucets on the piers for filling buckets directly out of the ocean for hobbiests?

I know they do at the San Diego State University....just outside of the Marine Biology lab

A: i think i read it some where i know Seattle does

Q: why when i go to lps do i see so many brown corals do people really buy this

A: yes because it is cheaper

Q: how long are you supposed to spin up your saltwater before doing water change?

A: 24 hours

Q: what is the optimum water peramitors for a sps tank?

A: I would think this

SG: 1.024-1.026 Close to NSW levels.

Temp: 78-82

Ammonia: 0

Nitrate: 0

Nitrite: 0

Phosphates: 0?

Ca: 400-440ppm

Alk: 8-12dkh

Mg: should be 3 times your calcium level...1500ppm or so but 1300 is the minimum

pH: 8.1-8.3 (keep mine on average at 8.2)

Feel free to correct me if I am wrong on any of this

Q: Why do I find hermit crabs outside of their shells?

Q: Why do I find hermit crabs outside of their shells?

State of Oregon smoking ban requires them to leave the building? (laugh)

Q: Can there be a T5 HO lighting system small enough to go into a 17" x 10" space above a hex freshwater tank?

A: I don't know....I would assume as I had T5's running over my 12g....but there are LED options.

Q: What are the obvious identifiers for SPS vs LPS? I ask because I have an unknown coral that I think is SPS but most that see it either say it's a softie or LPS....it has hard skeleton and polyps similar to a devils hand leather.