clownfish clownfish

powdertang05

im looking to get another pair going for breeding anyone have trues a large and a small one or pairs premade or also oc's are good too! checked rareclownfish but they want 250 for a pair and i think thats horrible so i guess calling all LFS's if you got clowns any type works really and oyu have a large one and a small one please post thank you!

Hi there.

The clownfish pairs you mentioned on rareclownfish.com are actually my postings. The reason they are listed for $250 (for spawning Ocellaris) and also for spawning Goldstripe Maroons, is just that.

THey are not just any bonded pair. They are mated and breeding pair. To a breeder, $250 will be meaningless after the first hatch, especially since you will make up the cost soon.

Many places, such as inlandaquatics.com will sell breeding pairs, but at much higher costs, more like $500 or so. I know $250 for a pair does sound steep, but if you are trying to breed marine fish, it is not much for proven spawning/breeding pairs.

Hi Michael :) I haven't been too active here, even though I am in the PNW in Seattle. Whatever happened to the TRT.com forum? I will remember to check back here now. I hope your tanks are doing well.

Best,

Ilham

Hi Michael :) I haven't been too active here, even though I am in the PNW in Seattle. Whatever happened to the TRT.com forum? I will remember to check back here now. I hope your tanks are doing well.

Best,

Ilham

The TRT.com forum is still running just that the members have made this their primary forum.........nothing against TRT just more club oriented.

sweet the reason why i felt they are steep is that once i actually recieve the pair they wont breed for weeks or months and theirs also no pictures on their for me to see so thats why im looking for other alternatives also im a college student cheap s my middle name btw thank you travis thanks for the info on the pair i always call but no pairs so or no clownfish in general but when i get paid hopefully i can come by and get that pair if its not already gone.

sweet the reason why i felt they are steep is that once i actually recieve the pair they wont breed for weeks or months and theirs also no pictures on their for me to see so thats why im looking for other alternatives also im a college student cheap s my middle name btw thank you travis thanks for the info on the pair i always call but no pairs so or no clownfish in general but when i get paid hopefully i can come by and get that pair if its not already gone.

All clowns will stop spawning for some time when moved or stressed.

Even if you bought it locally and saw the eggs, then took it home, it won't spawn for you either for awhile.

So I guess, a bonded pair is what you will be looking for. Mated/Breeding pairs sold online will have photos of actual fish with their eggs.

Best,

Ilham

Elmo' date=' Any tips on getting a mated pair breeding? I have waited for mine but I think I am going to be adding another pair to another tank in hopes to increase my chances.[/quote']

I think stability is key.

pH swings....temp swings....really do throw off clownfishes. Even stability and consistency in lighting also helps.

This is in addition to quality foods that you should feed.

Best,

Ilham

I know your in salem but saltwater-fantaseas has a mated pair of wc percula's for sale. The male of which appears to be onyx variety. If i had room or another tank i would buy them as they are beautiful...I am actually thinking of setting up another tank for them lol. They are not bad pricewise either.