API Nitrate Test Kit

Bigjohnwoody

Ok So I bought API test kits for ammonia nitrite and nitrate! I seem to like the simplicity of all of them except the Nitrate test! I shake the bottle as it says in the instructions follow them too a T and then when I shake it for the minute it seems to start leaking all over the place. I have done it twice with diff test tubes and caps, both times it starts leaking everywhere. What am I doing wrong? Can I just put my finger over the top or will that mess with the readings? The other kits don't seem to leak but I only shake them for 5 seconds! I bought Salifert for my Cal, Alk, Mag and a Hanna meter for Phos. Please help!

Ok So I bought API test kits for ammonia nitrite and nitrate! I seem to like the simplicity of all of them except the Nitrate test! I shake the bottle as it says in the instructions follow them too a T and then when I shake it for the minute it seems to start leaking all over the place. I have done it twice with diff test tubes and caps' date=' both times it starts leaking everywhere. What am I doing wrong? Can I just put my finger over the top or will that mess with the readings? The other kits don't seem to leak but I only shake them for 5 seconds! I bought Salifert for my Cal, Alk, Mag and a Hanna meter for Phos. Please help![/quote']

Grab another Salifert for the Nitrate, soon you wont even need the Nitrite so the API will suffice until then, just try swirling the vial instead or press FIRMLY on the cap