black percula clownfish

cschwarz

i have been fooling with the idea of setting up a black percale clownfish species tank for sometime. know that 90% of my fish have died do to a heater exploration.it maybe the best good time to make my dream a reality. so dose anyone know where i could get about 6 black percula clownfish for a good price? still just in the planing phase but i love the way they look.

Are you looking for true percula black clowns or black and white ocellaris? What you normally see in the stores (commonly called black and white percula) are not really true perculas but are actually ocellaris. There are black onyx perculas however they do not get completely black like the black and white ocellaris. If your looking for the black and white ocellaris there are also two varieties. One is a eurapean variety that has a yellow face even after they mature and the other is the australian that turns completely black (including the face) after they mature.

As to how many you can put in it will depend on when they are added and how big they are. If you put all 6 in at once it shouldn't be a problem. If you add them later then you should only add smaller ones.

FWIW, I currently have three b/w and one orange ocellaris that all get along fine. The orange is kind of an outsider. It stays near the others but doesn't really group together with them. The other 3 all host the same frogspawn. (In the past they all hosted an RBTA but the cinnamons took it from them so they went back to the frogspawn)

i think i would want the Australian varieties. the ones with the full black face.

I know Dave (Barelycuda) raises the Australians. I got one from him at the clownhouse meeting a few months ago. They are harder to get normally so we are fortunate to have him breeding them locally.