Clown Question

oneclowngoby4me

I'm pretty sure that clowns can get any of the diseases or infections that other marine fish can get whether they have an anemone or not.

I think that the mutually beneficial relationship between clowns and anemones is behavioral, not physiological (ie, resistance to disease). I googled around and couldn't find any evidence that an anemone could help a sick clown fight infection, but I'm no pro, so who knows.

Some clowns are less stressed if they have a host and since stress can lead to illness there might be a weak link there, I guess...

Anemones don't get the same infections as fish, but IMO I probably wouldn't add an anemone to a tank that might be having any issues.

Can you take a pic of the sick fish and post it? Maybe someone can identify the infection so you could treat it.

Good luck!

They have a "symbiotic relationship" Basically protecting and helping each other. The clown feeds the anemone and the anemone helps give the clown a safe place to hide, thats pretty much it. But as far as anything else I would say possibly the anemone may stimulate the clowns skin. I have seen my clowns loose color upon hosting for a small amount of time.