Filter Sock Bleaching Question

jos3f

Hey quick question. I just ran my filter sock through my washer with just water, still came out a little brown so I think I'm gonna put a little bleach. The only kinds of bleach in my house right now are ultra clorox advantage (ingredients: sodium hypochlorate, sodium hydroxide, and surfactants) and ultra clorox rain clean (ingredients: sodium hypochlorate, sodium hydroxide). would either of these be ok or do I definately need to use standard bleach?

Yeah they are just still a little brown' date=' I guess its more an aesthetics thing. Do you think it will be fine with just the 1 cycle in the wash and hang dry?[/quote']

yeah that's what I do. The main reason to run bleach through them is to kill off any other bacterias from other tanks. If it's going to run all on the same system it shouldn't matter at all. Socks do have a life expectancy but if it's just a little brown I say throw it back in the sump and call it good.

I use regular UNSCENTED bleach , the only guideline i've ever known is don't use one thats scented or that has any added stuff. I wash them on the whites cycle with an extra rinse as an extra precaution and when thier done I hang them (outside in the sun) to air out which gets rid of any residual bleach.

i run turn mine inside out, rinse them in the sink to get the crap off then run in the wash with about half cup of pure bleach and run it through 3 rinse cycles and let air dry for a few days. Turn back outside in and stick them back in the sump. Easy and they look spanking new. whatever that means (scratch)