To good to be true?

cellowithgills

Aren't these guys in Hong Kong? Or China? If so, then it will be a cheaply made fixture and ballast, and shipping might be a little spendy...don't count on an easy customer service if something breaks or doesn't work...I would imagine it would work, But I am always leary of SUPER cheap stuff....

What's the "safest" cheap metal halide? I'd really like to get a 150w or 175w but I really can't spend $200.

How big are looking for, and how much of a hurry are you in to get one, Fellow members put up used equipment all the time here, I know Rose City Aquarium sometimes has used equipment, You might try putting out a few feelers and see what happens.

I know there is a company out of California that deals with imported fixtures, called Aquatraders, and the fixtures are called Odyssea, some people like them, some people hate them, they are cheap, so I would imagine you get what you pay for, but they are the cheapest I have seen for sale.

You might check Ebay too, sometimes people sell used fixtures on there....

ah....yeah this is all in one fixture....it is only 24 inches but worked wonders on my 48 inch 72 bowfront. Seriously....if I went back to that tank....or any other 48 inch tank I would use this 24 inch light....I was totally satisfied and had both high light and low light areas....never was happier.