anemone?

bace

so when I had my reef in a 30g tank I had a BTA the seemed to do fairly well... until it found it's way into a power head (sad) now is there any advise that I could get on how to have this not happen? this event made me switch to my 55 as my reef (was African cichlids. now in the 30) and also sworn off of anemones until I get some ideas on how to keep them alive. (wife)

Wait at least 6 months, and take a long look at your lighting, you need high quality, IE T5HO's with individual reflectors or Metal Halides, before attempting to keep nems, and before you do that, do as much research as possible..

I will say this though, a nem is one of the cooler parts of a reef tank, especially if you have clowns, mine dont host during the day, but they spend the night inside their nem LOL

karensroseanemones.net I think. If not, then google karens rose anemones. Read everything there at least three times!!!! A lot of good info. There is a part of the page that is about covering powerheads with a screen that you can buy at craft or fabric stores... I don't know what they call it, but is is a plastic grid with small holes. Check out Karen's page to get the idea.

+1 on waiting until AT LEAST 6 months!!!! Good luck

dsoz

It's the stuff used for latch hook projects. Walmart use to carry it but I couldn't find it last time I was there. Take Denise advise and check out Karens Rose Anemones. I wish I would have known about it when I got my first one. (It met the same fate yours did)

well the 29g tank was up close to a year when I tried it. the 55 was put together with all the sand, rock, filters and water. it has been running now for probably a month or two (I think... forgot when I did it but it's growing some coralline algae on the back wall) the light on the 29 was a 150w halide. the light on the 55 is a '48 Inch 4x54 Watt AquaticLife T5 HO Light Fixture W/ 4 Lunar LEDs' which I believe should be ok for a nem. I will check out those sites when I get some time. as I've said I've sworn off of them for a while. I felt horrible when I lost my last one. plus it wasn't free...(sad)