FISH COMPATIBILITY

Trautman

Hi there,

i am setting up a FOWLR saltwater aquarium, and i want to get some cool fish.

the tank is a 45 truvu, the filtration is a 35 sump with a bak pak 2 protein skimmer, micron filtration and a spot designated for a 'fugium.

what are some good fish?

i did some poking around and make a list of some fish that i like.

dogface puffer

foxface

humu trigger

heniochus

sailfin tang

clowns

chromis

i know this is too much to have all of them, but what are the pros and cons of these fish ( also open to new suggestions)? How are they compatibility wise? and what is a good diet for them?

(threaten)(plotting)(wife)

That tank is not very big but since it is going to be a FOWLR I guess you could return fish to your LFS when they out grow the tank??? I believe it's always better to bring home fish you can keep forever but you have a lot more options if you plan on returning them. If you do decide you want to bring fish back to the LFS there is an awesome blue spotted grouper at The Aquarium in oregon city you should check out. He is only 2 inches now and a super cool fish. They also have a 300 gallon FOWLR display set up that might give you some ideas. They also have some baby butterflies that are eating really well, at 1 inch they have to be the smallest I have ever seen. A lot of shops have baby triggers right now too. If I were you I would get the smallest fish possible to start that way you can keep them longer.

P.S. I think they want 30$ for the grouper.

That tank is not very big but since it is going to be a FOWLR I guess you could return fish to your LFS when they out grow the tank??? I believe it's always better to bring home fish you can keep forever but you have a lot more options if you plan on returning them. If you do decide you want to bring fish back to the LFS there is an awesome blue spotted grouper at The Aquarium in oregon city you should check out. He is only 2 inches now and a super cool fish. They also have a 300 gallon FOWLR display set up that might give you some ideas. They also have some baby butterflies that are eating really well, at 1 inch they have to be the smallest I have ever seen. A lot of shops have baby triggers right now too. If I were you I would get the smallest fish possible to start that way you can keep them longer.

P.S. I think they want 30$ for the grouper.

thank you gill!

viva west linn!