First Jumper

NoobtoSalt

So I finally got my first jumper in the tank. I decided to go ahead and get another diamond goby even though I kept thinking that I've already lost two other gobys (one diamond and the other was a dragon). I bought the fish last Saturday and it was swimming around in the tank for a few days cleaning and doing a great job. I couldn't seem to find it for a few days but I was out of town on Thursday thru Saturday. I decided to move my rock work and see if it died in the tank or was just being shy. I still couldn't find it....hmmm where could it go. Since I used aluminum mesh for my covers I don't cover the tank other than at night, so I looked behind the tank and guess what I found.....

Well not sure if this goby was trying to tell me something like "don't buy anymore gobys" but I don't know if I'm going to try it again. I got it to churn up the sandbed more since the star is only doing a little bit and the snails are not pulling their weight.

Anyone know of any non-jumpers......lol.

he was telling you thatit did not have its "time to jump" schedule in sync with when you have the top covered to switch to the type of top Reefnjunkie built so you can leave it closed the entire time-(laugh)

sorry for the loss but what was the reason for leaving it uncovered part of the time9during the day)?-

all fish "can" jump, and I'm not being sarcastic like I typically am, they get scared and jump its just some are more prone to jump than others-thw ones that are known as jumpers are just the the real skittish ones

Glad to see they are carrying the product now, I wonder how it compares in price to the guy (IMO) who started it all?

I'm to lazy to check-You'll like the screening its awesome

I will keep everyone posted. I'm also going to be getting some new bulbs "finally" in the next week so that should help with my outbreak as well.

Sorry to hear that. Diamonds are for sure jumpers, lost 1 or 2 that way myself. Great fish though. I wasnt sure if one of mine was gonna make it after the move to the temp tank today, but he seems to be doing well. I doubled up the eggcrate to make sure I dont find him stuck to the garage floor tommorow. Like junkie said, all fish will jump if spooked. I had a clown jump out a while back because of a hawkfish. I think even my puffer thought about today during the tank move.