Wanted- Older Version of Vortech MP10

ReefSafari

Hey David' date=' check with Nick at RoseCity, he might be able to order one for you.[/quote']

Thanks, I was more looking for a used one, I saw a few in the $100-$150 range used...but they where snagged quick....I am not sure if I really like them, I know they are popular, but I would rather spend $100 on a used one and not like it and sell it to someone else rather than spend $200+ on a new one and not like it and sell it for less than I paid for it....know what I mean...

I know they are popular and many people like them, but I don't know if I will, People seem to really like how they "Make waves" I don't really care if it makes waves back and forth, that doesn't do much for me, I want good flow in the tank, not just a back and forth...so I probably wouldn't even use the short pulse mode to creat "waves" with....

Anyway.....I have set aside $100 for a used one....and I am not in a hurry, with the new model out and all the new features, I am sure someone will want to upgrade and sell thier old one....

Dude, I absolutely LOVE my MP10, I wouldn't trade it for anything except maybe an upgraded MP10 LOL.

I've seen em on Ebay a few times and what not, I keep mine on either reefcrest mode or on lagoon, and my fish love it, I can actually watch stuff on the opposite side of the tank swirling around cause of the flow, 1 MP10 is more than enough for a 40b :P

good luck with that...

maybe watch RC, or craiglook. Prepare to have a fast triggerfinger, or beg.

Yeah no worries, in the last month there have been two MP10's sold on this very forum locally, one for $100 and the other for $140....And now that the new version is out, I am sure someone will let thiers go sooner or later......(naughty)

That was my problem before, I didn't pull the trigger fast enough, so I figured I would post a wanted ad, so maybe someone out there that was thinking of selling thiers will hopefully shoot me a PM...One can always hope....The old tank I wasn't able to put a vortech on it, but now that I have switched tanks to a 40b, I am able too...and would like to give one a try, but don't feel like buying a new one....

FWIW-I don’t use either of mine for the wave feature-IMO , its a waste of its capabilities but I guess an added bonus that you can switch to that.

I use the reef crest mode exclusively, but in the past I have used the lagoon feature-I have 2-MP20's

You have seen many threads on those who like/love them, have you ever ran across a thread were someone did not like them-That’s a good question-Personally I have never seen a one.

I just set up a 40 breeder as well and would have bought a MP10 or a 20, but I had a wave timer laying around as I have a lot of "extra equipment" so I bought 3 of the new Koralias that can be used on a wave timer-Its no Vortech but it was also 150.00 cheaper.

If you are patient you will most likely find one-

Good luck

You have seen many threads on those who like/love them, have you ever ran across a thread were someone did not like them-That’s a good question-Personally I have never seen a one.

I have, there are some complaints of it making quite a bit of noise, which I am not too concerned about, but the placement of them is what concerns me, you are limited as to where you can place them as they shoot or direct the water from a flat potion on one end of the tank, which would be great for a longer tank, but for smaller tanks it seems tricker and you have to arrange your rockwork to lessen the dead spots.

Where for example on say the Koralia they can be adjusted and positioned to "Aim" at a general direction, and when using multiple ones seem to be able to cover smaller tanks better.

Don't get me wrong, there are LOTS of positive reviews, and probably justly so, but for me and my tank and my rockwork, I don't know if I should go that route or try something else, like koralia....thats why I figured it wouldn't hurt to put up a wanted ad, as I don't want to spend $200+ on a vortech only to not be what I would like and then have to sell it at a loss....it just makes more sense to me to try and keep my eyes open for a used one....

They say they have very broad flow, but you can't change the angle of the flow, just the height (up and down) and left and right...and it pushes the water out straight from the glass, where like I said, the Koralia and types like it can be angled or adjusted to flow to a certain general area, for example if you had some things that liked more flow you could move it or angle it to that general area, but not with the vortechs right?

I have no doubt they are awsome pumps...But i guess call me a cheap skate...I just don't want to buy a new one...lol:D

David, if you want the older version, you can get a new one for $150.

http://socaltropicalfishoutlet.com/catalog/ecotech-marine-vortech-mp10-p-30.html

If you want a used one, check out Nano-Reef.com. They have been going for $125 shipped on there recently.

I have an MP10ES and don't notice any noise. The tank is pretty quiet since we don't have any fans for the LEDs, and I can only hear the vortech if I put my ear right by it! It's pretty sweet!

The 4 overflows are covering the noise of all the vortech's I have lol.

I got an MP10 (old version) new for cheap for my frag tank and I like it. I used to have 3 coralia nanos in it. Even with all the directional capability, I found out the Mp10 moves more water and better.

3 coralias... a little bit of algae. 1 Mp10... zero algae.

I need a gentle flow in the ricordia tank, the MP10 is able to do that and keep the tank clean. Notice that the frag tank is connected to the rest of the system, and algae were located only there, so it was a flow problem.

Also, coralias tend to fall every once in a while.

Go for it... you will love it

• Like 1