Apology to the forum for Cloak and Dagger Thread and

Emerald525

Okay everyone I know I had said my peace and was not going to say any more on the cloak and dagger thread I posted. Some of you will probably think that I am just trying to start more drama. This is not the case as I am closing this after I post. I have already sent pms apologizing to those who posted their dislike of the thread but I felt I needed to post to those who don't feel comfortable chiming in.

I have just come to realize after several pm discussions and rereading the thread, the later posts did come across very negatively or perhaps seemed I had a personal vendetta against Ca2OR. I also think it did turn off a lot of people who were afraid to say anything. Again I apologize for the "witch hunt" tone that came across. It was not a witch hunt for me it was a "truth hunt". Please also know Ca2OR has not done anything to me personally. I in fact did recently take some frags down for him for Jody. I have nothing personally against him.

Mandinga is correct in that, it feels much better reading about how much money we made for a child with cancer or how several people helped me last weekend.

However, I am quite protective of this forum, and when I see someone posting lies for no reason or giving poor service, I think this can't be good for the hobby so I'm going to say something.

Please know this is not the first time Eric has posted things that were simply not true but has admitted that he will go and delete it later or try to cover it up. I am pretty sure it was Ca2OR who closed the original thread for which my response was intended and this is why I had to start a new thread. Please also know that I tried to send him pms about the matter but he does not accept pms.

Brad was correct in that no harm was done so why make an issue of it? For me I have to wonder if Eric is going to lie about something as silly as this for no good reason than what else is he capable lying about? Not saying that he has, that's simply my thought process and the red flags go up in my head.

By the way Eric, I have said this before, the saltwater hobby is a small world. Other people here look at other forums and many of us bid on ebay. I found out later one time that Mytshall was the person I outbid on ebay for a chalice.

Eric and others may find this hard to believe but I do genuinely want to like you and believe you and want to give you the benefit of the doubt. To answer your question Moto about this why push the issue so much when Ca2OR does so much for the club? That's my reasoning exactly.

Like I said before Ca2OR, you have done a lot for this club. You organized the GOC and share the love. You have a passion for this hobby.

You had posted once a poll about whether this forum would be better without you. I never voted on that poll because of the inflammatory nature but I also couldn't decide is this forum better or worse without you?

I guess the real question of my thread was:

Eric you have a passion for this hobby. People whose opinons I respect are friends with you like Brad and Snowpunk. You have contributed to getting things going in this forum like the GOC so I am really trying to give you the benefit of the doubt. You just make it so difficult with the lies and denials. They are not necessary and only make me not trust you. I really do want to give you a chance. It's best to just at some point to admit the truth. I'm not here to judge. We all make mistakes. I admit that my tone started to be attacking which is the reason for the apology to the forum here

I can say they were lies because I have posted the facts in my thread. If you read my thread and your thread closely the facts are there and facts do not lie.

So really what I was getting at was:

Why lie that they were a freebie when you got them off ebay the day before your post for 19.50?

Why lie that you got it from your "wholesaler"? ( you did at least admit that it was not a wholesaler after all)

Why pretend that you didn't know what they were called and that you only knew that they were a rare variety when it was stated on the picture you pulled from Ebay that they were rare and blue sympodium?

Why pretend you made a "phone call to the wholesaler"?

Because when you do this it makes it very difficult for me to believe anything you say and that is not what I want.

It also makes me lean towards you not being good for this hobby and forum and this is not what I want either.

Like I said before I do genuinely want to give you the benefit of the doubt.

It just struck me as very odd.

Because when you lie about these things for no reason like I said it makes me wonder what else you may be lying about and I really do want to understand but how can I when you continue to deny the truth when the facts are posted in plain site?

I just simply wish you would stop doing things like this as this is not the first time or even the second and I don't understand why you do it.

I hope that clarifies it for the rest of the forum and for you as well Ca2OR and again I apologize for bringing such negativity to the group. I do try to handle things when possible through pms(flower)(peace)