J to the rock..not live rock

jrock4224

Hey regular reef frontier and central guy looking to get more local since reef frontiers has gotten so big...had a 140 reef tank that just crashed and killed everything...starting a new gonna roll a nano for a bit till i get my 260 up and running ... been reefing for close to 6 years ... also interested recently, in planted freshwater tanks...glad to find something a little more local...I will post pics of my tank pre-disaster when i can find the time...cant wait to fire up a nano and roll that for a bit and get my reef game back up to par..(clap)

hey thankls but i look at it as a oppurtunity to bigger and better my slef and will eventually just taking a little break...gona nano it for a bit beofre i jump back in..turned out a power outage coupled with a gen x pump and a rio going bad and leaching into my water column is what cause d the sudden and massive die off....I liked the set up just alot of stuff i learned and would do different...one thing i wont ever emplyee anymore is syphon breaks on a external over flow...i wasted more water from it...inadvertant water changes do to ver flows duringoutages and what not

um not sure howthat happened and now i cant i posted one pic and it included my boat which is not even in that picture file...

awwwww mr blue vein of the boo tang clan.. man i miss that fish one of the first fish i had.. raised him from a quarter sized boo tang... oh and my yellow wrasse hole.....that thing was the coolest and wierest fish i ever had ... it had a kink in it ... and would break dance and whig out...then one day he jumped out of the tank and survived twice till the last suicide attmpt when i couldnt find him under the stand....rip.. wrasse hole

so the second pic was after i added a lot more live ricok i had cured through a open looped attached to my tank.. it didnt react to the light very well... i was running dual 400w at 18 inches off the water for 10 hours a day...it started the algae problems and i never got it back to loking tlike the first pic.. even in the first pic i was on the down hill side of how my tank looked and when it was at its peak..imo sofites are fun but they can over power your tank quickyu especially at the light level i was running...u an see in the pics my zoo colonies were thick and my star polyps were outta control....it took sometime to recover fromt he hey i want softies stage...my reccomendation always grow sofites on rocks alone in your sand bed... to minimiize overtaking your tank...

ps this tank was never calcium dosed or reacted ... this was skimmed and lighted no dosing what so ever as a experiment....ran great for 6 years noticed issues in years 4-6 though before those pumps murdered my tanks... come on no repsonse by the way your stcuk with the gratuitous jet boat pic...i thought i made a nice statement after it got added in somehow....what i dso on the weekends...

i did keep the lfs my friend owned stocked withthat frogspawn and branching hammer for 3 plus years...and filled every friends tank with all they could take...then it died one day when i had a massive ph spike that alos clamined that monte that was also basketball sized... this tank was nearly 40 inches deep i like a deep tanke..

• 1 month later...

hey so i been busy but my jbj nano tank is torn apart... broke the trim ring after trying fix the rear wall that became detached from the tank...now i have removed everything from the tank gotta re attach the rear wall and clean up the silicone and fix a few things,...jbj has yet to get back to me about getting a new trim ring....email is easier but seems big companies use it as a way to prolong the wait for responding...

ps that reef tank is now being converted to a planted freshwater tank...

• 2 weeks later...

ok im back this site is kinda slow...so whats the deal is this mainly left coasters....so let me give yall a update....reef tank dissasmbled and now in the process of swapping it to my planted freshwater tank...going well i brought all my live rock and sand to work to cycle it in a couple of tanks i got here at my shop...until i get my 240 running...more importantly jbj is awesome.. that would be jbj the manufacturer no the jbj that represents them and distributes them.. yes two seperate entities.. the vendor that represents them doesnt return emails, no one is ever there to answer calls and live chat is just a option to get told theres no one available.. after long time trying to get them to respond they finally out of the blue provided me with the number to jbj the manufacturer..which was sweet got jessica on the phone from jbj and she told me they dont sell just the trim ring...major bummer....BUT...here it comes....wait for it....she says you can just buy a replacement tank by itself.. i shutter , oh no jessica how much does that cost...she says hmmmmmm 80 bux shipped...I was like i said its a 28 not a 6 or 12 ...she says yeah 80 bux.. I'm like that cant be right.. no way that tank, with everything in the tank is 80 bux... she says hold on i will check ...yup 80 bux...I say holy schnikes, I will take it...this fixes my false wall problem and trim ring issue for 80 bux ... and they insure it from ups' and there debachery of handling glass...I owe jessica lunch now cause three days later a pristine new tank shows up...yeah jbj your my hero so now im off to find where i will be placing the tank and start my new nano build....build thread here i come....

ok jbj.... is the best company everrrrrrrrrr...not only did i get my very fairly priced replacement tank... it also came with the pumps the rack with it full of carbon and the rest of the products... all the plumbing.......and packaged for a trrip[ to iraq and back... thank you jessica and jbj tech for being one of the only sweet companies i have dealt with in a whiel... thanks you stay tuned for the build thread....