Bob Dylan

racefan

My wife & I went to Bumbershoot(it's a 3 day music festival in Seattle) on Saturday we saw Bob Dylan, On one hand it was rather neat to see the legend that is Dylan. On the other hand, his better days of singing are way past. He for sure still has his music playing chops but....he mumbles so bad you cannot understand what he's singing. There were several songs that if I did not recognize the tune I would never have known he was singing it.

The Bumbershoot experience is well worth the trip though.

http://sched.bumbershoot.org/cal/20100904

I saw Bob Dylan about 4 years ago @ University of Portland with Merle Haggard...Haggard was great...expected Dylan to be too...25% of people were leaving about 25 minutes into his concert set...we stayed out of respect but it is the worst concert I have ever seen, and I've seen alot...struggled to distinguish audible words and familiar melodies, but to no avail...

I came up with a line, that I use to this day...

"Just because you CAN get on stage doesn't mean you SHOULD"!!!

DrMerle

From what I understand about Bob, he was the same 20 years ago. I was a bit shocked too.

I saw Jethro Tull quite a few years ago. Ian Anderson came out in a wheelchair covered in a blanket and played the most pathetic flute for the first two or three minutes. Then he jumped up and danced around like mad. But at first I thought, damm this dude is to old to rock and roll.

Saw him at George in the gorge.I'm thinking around 12 years age with Van Morrison. Bob sucked, sounded like he just smoked 3 cartons of sig's. Van was fantastic!!!

And Ian Anderson playing at the LA coliseum about 35 years ago was one of the most amazing performers we ever saw.