site suspended

moovinfast

The website was suspended because we are using too much bandwidth for our shared server. We are now on a temporary 3 day extension so the board can decide what our next move will be. We currently pay $9.00 a month for our service through hostdime. A dedicated server will end up costing us about $175.00 a month.

We need to keep the posting to a minimum for the next few days. If we go over our bandwidth again, they will suspend the server again. I will try to monitor the bandwidth, but I am at work.

Jay

just learned some new info:

It is not the bandwidth that is the problem. It is the number of hits the site gets in a given day. Our hits are taxing the shared server that we are on to the point that it is slowing down the entire server. Dedicated server is our only option.

The addition of Tapatalk and Forum Runner have probably caused some of this problem. Now our users have instant access at any time.

Jay

Correct.

we may be able to use a semi dedicated server, virtual private server, or virtual dedicated server. They are all pretty close to the same thing and are much cheaper. About $30 - $80 a month.

Jay

Probably the server hardware is kinda update so the hits are slowing it down.

I'm running a couple of vps's with around 300 websites and portals each without any performance problem.

I would go for a vps: cheaper than a dedicated and without the problem of keeping the os up to date (cpanel/whm, virtuozo and so on can take care of it).

With some simple security tweaks we will be protected and with the flexibility of a virtual server.