I got ripped off

reef165

So the VW I've been working on is coming allong great, I got a sterio for it a couple days ago, 3 to be exact, and last night it was stole. It was only a $60 sterio so that isn't to bad but it pisses me off that they tottaly destroyed the dash/bezel getting it out. These things are basicaly imposable to find. I seen some on ebay that were cracked or glued together for over $80. Then theres the feeling of violation I've fet

lt all day

Years ago we had a Datsun B210 that was stolen. At that time everyone knew that all you needed to start them was any key or even a screwdriver and ours was no exception. A week or so later they were busted and the car was recovered. Low and behold the idiots tore the steering column apart and yanked the wiring out to steal it rather than just using any available key.

My friend had a covertible Rabbit and he used to leave it unlocked so that if someone wanted to steal something from it they wouldn't cut the top, lol. That and a detachable face CD player is about all you can do for theft protection on a cabby. Or try and remote mount it inside the glove box and lock the glovebox, seen that done a few times also.

My friend had a covertible Rabbit and he used to leave it unlocked so that if someone wanted to steal something from it they wouldn't cut the top' date=' lol. That and a detachable face CD player is about all you can do for theft protection on a cabby. Or try and remote mount it inside the glove box and lock the glovebox, seen that done a few times also.[/quote']

Ya I dont lock the doors, for that reason, and the doors dont want to lock that easy. It was a detatch face radio but the GF didn't remove it that night. I was just thinking about just using an amp and hooking up an amfm mp3 to it so there isn't a sterio, just one a/v jack. Gotta find a replacement bezel first though. I steared clear of the car all day yestarday and most of today just outa anger and feelings of helplessness, but we decided to take a trip up the gorge to the fish lader and also got soft serve icecream. Was a good trip! Car ran great! Brought back most of my ambition for the car.