Thoghts, opinions and advice wanted regarding tube anemones.

Vicarious Cynic

I have one in the aggressive tank and love it. It doesn't need much care at all. Doesn't need any special light. It is cool to feed. The inner fluorescent green tentacles are what bring the food to its mouth.

My fish won't go near it to try to steal food from it. It will sting the hell out of any coral that falls near it.

Tube anemone vs rbta--tube anemone the winner (not personally saw this happen at a fish store)

tube anemone vs clove polyps--clove polyps not even a contender

tube anemone vs dragon eyes-- again no competition

should try tube anemone vs hydnophora

Here's mine:

DSC05754ARW.jpg

Re: Thoghts, opinions and advice wanted regarding tube anemones.

They are beautiful....that is the thought part....now for the cautionary part....don't count on clowns hosting it....unless by hosting you are thinking digesting in its stomach

In response to Em's equations

Blue paly's vs hydno....blue palys win.

Seriously....completely grew over the hydno....it didn't stand a chance.

Oh....tube anemone's get big.....like I almost picked one up till I saw it....that neon green part on yours was the size of a softball so you can guess on the tenticals

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

• 4 weeks later...

This thing is wicked pretty, but I'm thinking I either need a second tank, or a return to store. It dominates the corner of the tank it is in. I'm astounded by how long it's tentacles get. A couple of times I have gone in, grabbed it, and re-seated it in the sand. This seems to make its tentacles shorter for a couple of days - then full expansion and avoidance. It's the prettiest thing in my tank, and the most deadly - hmm... sounds hollywood. I think I'll name it Angelina.