Saved my alge blenny

reef165

So this morning I got up and went to the back room to open the blinds and my tank is about 3 feet from the SGD. I open them, no biggy, go make coffe and such, go back to open the door and let some fresh air in, reach down to pull the stick out of the track and my alge blenny is on the carpet by the SGD. I pick it up and it's now wet, kinda damp and not moving. I thought what the hey and held it in the tank. After about 30 seconds I feel a twitch, then after another couple seconds the gills start moving. I started moving it back and forth getting water through it's gills. After about 2 min it swam off. I've checked on it several times through the day and all seems good so far.

Good save!!

When I had my first saltwater tank it was a 30 fowlr in my bedroom, I woke up in the middle of the night to a flopping sound. One of my percs had flopped out and under the tank stand. I was able to get him back in and he lived 3 more years till he did it again when we weren't home...

Nice save. I had a clown jump out once when I was standing there and saved it. Then a few weeks later the same fish jumped again when I was home and landed in my ATO reservoir. Luckily I heard it and was able to save it once again with the only damage being a nice cold fresh water dip that freaked it out.

Fish will jump-LOL

I picked up some nylon mesh type netting and made screens for the tops of the tank-Pretty slick looking and a very easy DIY project.

Grab the frame and corner connectors from HD and some screen spine/cord whatever its called and you end up with a nice light filtering screen-

I have plenty of splashing that I know would have meant a potential carpet surfing from someone.

Even the non-jumping fish will fly out of the tank if scared.

Nice save there Eddie, it could have been 20.00 down the toilet.

LMK if you want a link for the mesh

P1100991.jpg

P1100989.jpg