NEED HELP!!! with light wiring!

tanktop74

Ok Guys.. I probably am going to make NO sense so I took pictures.

Look at this diagram...

ballast1.jpg

And this is my yellow wire from my ballast that I need to SOMEHOW attach to these 4 end caps!

ballast2.jpg

So can someone tell me how I can accomplish this?!?!? In simple easy to follow steps... LOL Yes I just said that! It just took me an hour to wire the hot side of this thing after I figured out what the heck they were picturing!

Thanks!

Beth

She did it!

Beth wanted me to post these pictures. Thanks everyone for your help.

One of the ballasts was broken on our nano and Grassi suggested we retrofit with T5's. We ordered the setup and it looks great! So much better lighting.(clap)

DSC05860ARW.jpg

Did not know the clowns looked like that...(laugh)

DSC05864ARW.jpg

DSC05866ARW.jpg

• 3 months later...

i see that one is turned in tordes the reflectur not to the tank if you open it up the first light looks like it fasing the reflecter if so that needs to be changed, also there is a spray that you can put on the conecters to help from corrosion or rust may occur pm if you want more info hook you up with some.

Whoa everyone. Please go back and look at the diagram again. You cannot just jump across from one side to the next and then from the second one to the next cap. While it might work it will not be correct. There is the potential of resistance reducing the voltage across each one and one bulb failing will shut off any wired after it. The yellow wire will need to be common to all of the connections on that end and therefore there also needs to be jumpers between each connection on each end cap if it's done that way.

A1 to A2, A2 to B1, B1 to B2, B2 to C1, C1 to C2, C2 to D1, D1 to D2.

LOL funny how I am getting all this information now, since the lights have been up and working fine for months now.

Thanks for the info.

Can you pull any one bulb and have it shut off others? If so then even if it seems to be working fine it is not correct.